Sunday, July 16, 2006

To get this truck on the road...

...all I had to do was replace the master cylinder, brake lines, all four wheel cylinders, and new brake pads for all four wheels. Basically, the entire braking system was replaced.

I also bought 4 new tires and a seat cover. Oh, and I changed the oil and filter.

Amazingly, that was all this truck needed to get going. I've been driving it now for a year with no problems at all. I've even loaned it to Christopher to use for a while. Nothing has fallen off the truck, and so far nothing has broken down. I've hauled trash to the dump, I've tossed 1200 lbs. of concrete and fence posts in the back, and I've even towed a 1 ton trailer loaded down with furniture and a big screen TV. Nothing has fazed this truck so far.

I borrowed the truck back from Chris today so that I could do a few maintenance tasks on it. I replaced the tailgate chains, degreased the engine compartment, and started sandblasting the wheels. This week I'll replace the water pump, all the belts and hoses, valve cover gasket, and add a water temperature gauge. (Currently, there is no gauge, just a green light and a red light that is supposed to tell you when the engine is at operating temperature or if it gets too hot. These lights don't work, so I'm adding a gauge just to be safe.)

My wife refuses to ride in this truck, but I love it. Once the beetle is finished, this truck is getting a frame-off rebuild.

Imagine the truck below, but painted in a greenish-grey color. That's the look I'm going for.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home